Monday, February 23, 2009

Frozen Moment for every Indian : ella puhazhum iraivanukke

"A small step for man but a giant leap for mankind" why i am quoting Neil Amstrong here. i don't know. I just felt like quoting him. It is always nice to start with a quote.


A.R.Rahman(ARR) winning 2 Oscars and his acceptance speech will be a frozen moment for every Indian who appreciates good music and craves for the world to recognize the "new India".

It was really Oh! my God moment for Indians like me, who have been watching Oscars feverishly dating back to 1996. I had never ever dreamt that my fellow Indian, Tamilian will one day walk up the red carpet inside the Kodak theatre and bring back the Golden man. 

Man!!!! Is it really a case of 'rest of the world rediscovering India or India opening up to the rest of the world'. Whatever it is, today i have decided to give my rational thinking a paid vacation and i am emotionally enjoying and savouring these wonderful moments.   

Today was not just only about A.R.Rahman, there other two Indians who got the Oscar today. For the uninitiated 

BEST DOCUMENTARY : SMILE PINKI
SOUND MIXING : RESUL POOKUTTY

ARR acceptance Speech's transcript:


Before coming, I was excited and terrified. The last time I felt like that was during my marriage. There's a dialogue from a Hindi film called "Mere paas ma hai," which means "I have nothing but I have a mother," so mother's here, her blessings are there with me. I am grateful for her to have come all the way. And I want to thank the Academy for being so kind, all the jury members. I want to thank Sam Schwartz, I/D PR, all the crew of Slumdog, Mr. Gulzar, Raqueeb Alam, Blaaze, my musicians in Chennai and Mumbai. And I want to tell something in Tamil, which says, which I normally say after every award which is ella puhazhum iraivanukke: "God is great." Thank you.


P.S: If you had read my yesterday's  blog  you might think i am nuts? @#%$(

No comments: